Blog · March 17, 2020
Our Commitment to Health & Safety
We are proud to call Seattle home and understand how many of our clients and local businesses are being deeply impacted by COVID-19.
Here at Gourmondo, the health and safety of our customers, our employees, and our community remain a priority above all else. We are committed to continuing to maintain the highest standards of safety, sanitation, and food handling.
During these unprecedented times, we want you to rest assured that we are diligently following all required and recommended precautions provided by public health experts and we are closely monitoring updates from the King County Public Health, Washington State Department of Health, and the CDC.
Steps we are taking to ensure safety during this time:
- We are maintaining a rigorous schedule of hourly cleaning and disinfecting sweeps for all areas of our facility, with special attention to hard surfaces, door handles, handrails, and food holding containers.
- We are disinfecting our delivery vehicles and delivery carts daily, before and after delivery routes.
- Employee PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) & Well-being
- All of our team members are required to wear gloves at all times, whether preparing, delivering, or serving. An ample supply of hand sanitizer is also available.
- Masks are required for all employees while on-site in our facility and while completing deliveries to our clients.
- Upon arrival to our facility, we are conducting health checks and temperature screenings following the requirements of King County Public Health.
- We are encouraging each team member to closely monitor their health and well-being, requiring any employee to stay home if they, or someone in their household, is sick.
- Social Distancing
- To aid in your social distancing efforts, we are offering “no contact” delivery. Our driver will leave the order in a location of your choosing and text you a photo confirmation that the order has arrived.
- Our prep and production stations have been separated by 6’ (six feet).
- We have introduced modified schedules to reduce gatherings at lockers and time clock stations, as well as staggering breaks to avoid crowding in common areas.
- Adjusting Menu Options
- Our box lunch and buffet menus are still available, however, we are now also offering an expanded line of gourmet prepackaged entrees for lunch and dinner.
- We are also offering prepackaged compostable flatware for all orders.
Our team is here to support you at work or at home. Thank you for trusting us for over 24 years and your loyalty to Gourmondo!
*This commitment will continue to be revised as we continue to follow best practices and directives from our public health authorities. Last revision 01/18/2021